Wednesday, August 11, 2010

New York has come and gone

Well New York has come and gone...what a summer it was! I attended FREE concerts, ate some wonderful food, made a ton of new friends and even more memories, stole a couple of kisses ;) , and networked with a ton of people from different industries. Not to mention the shopping that was done!

Overall this summer, I learned a lot about myself and life. I have to accept myself for who I am because it has gotten me this far in life, landing me an internship in the city of my dreams. Also, it is important to GIVE. Another valuable lesson I learned this summer. Yes, I already knew this but I really took it in this summer. I learned, for the second time, that a broken heart WILL heal with time. And of course I realized how true it is that EVERYTHING happens for a REASON.

GOD IS SO GOOD and I thank him for blessing in abundance with all He has given me this summer...when I think about it I realize how truly blessed I am.

Being busy this summer with my internship at Wieden + Kennedy, plus picking up a second internship with an illustrator for Vibe magazine, and planning events for the School of C. will have me well prepared to jump in and start my classes in two weeks. Whew, from one adventure on to the next...i'm already anticipating the first day of school. I have no idea what to expect from everything from my friends to classes to....you know. But the summer is not over yet. In fact...I'm in Portland, Oregon right now spending a week at Wieden + Kennedy's office here. It is simply amazing. I will have to update more info about it later because I'm going to wrap up this post. I will also add more pics from New York this summer since I neglected my blog for a while (hey, I told you I was busy).

Until next time, remember...God will give you the tools to begin a new chapter in your life, but YOU have to pick up the pen.

Peace and Love,
Nia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are greatly appreciated!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...